South West Law is seeking to recruit a solicitor / experienced immigration caseworker.
Deadline: 11.00pm 29 March 2019
Salary: Salary will depend on experience and skills
We are a small friendly solicitors’ practice in central Bristol specialising in immigration and housing law. We are looking for an immigration and nationality solicitor or caseworker to join our well-regarded and expanding immigration team to undertake a full range of immigration and asylum cases at all levels on a privately funded basis but with some legal aid.
Our busy immigration team currently consists of three solicitors and one paralegal with a wide range of expertise across all areas of immigration and nationality law. You will join a friendly and supportive team who work together collaboratively with excellent client care at the heart of their practice. In addition to managing your own caseload you will be expected to engage in developing and expanding our client base.
You will have at least two years’ experience in immigration, nationality and asylum casework. You will need to be able to deal with a wide range of clients and manage your caseload with minimum supervision. Thorough knowledge and experience of applications under Appendix FM and outside the Rules is essential. Knowledge and experience of the Points Based System is desirable.
· Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of immigration, nationality and asylum law
· Thorough knowledge and experience of applications under Appendix FM and outside the Rules
· At least two years’ experience in immigration, nationality and asylum casework
· Thorough knowledge of solicitors’ regulatory requirements
· Experience of working with private clients
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of the legal aid contract.
· Able to manage caseload with minimum supervision
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritise/good organisational skills
· High level of literacy
· IT/Keyboard skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Proven record in meeting financial billing targets
· Accreditation with Law Society’s Immigration and Asylum Accreditation Scheme
· Knowledge and experience of the Points Based System
· Up-to-date Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate
· Knowledge and experience of the Lexcel standard
· Experience of advocacy before the First Tier Tribunal
· Experience of another area of law (social and welfare/family)
· Ability to speak an additional language
Salary will depend on experience and skills. Part-time considered.
Further details and an application pack are available by emailing email@example.com
Closing date for applications 11.00pm 29 March 2019